Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Certificate IV – UEE42911
This qualification provides the competencies to determine heat loads and select equipment for basic commercial refrigeration or residential air conditioning applications. It includes regulatory requirements for purchasing and handling refrigerants.
- Basic commercial refrigeration includes commercial cold rooms, freezer rooms and cabinets with single a compressor or condensing unit. This does not include large, complex commercial applications or industrial applications.
- Residential air conditioning applications are those covered under the Building Code of Australia’s – Class 1A Residential Buildings.
- The Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Legislation Amendment Bill 2003 apply to this qualification. Prior to planning the delivery of any training and/or assessment activities all legislative and regulatory requirements shall be identified and included.
Employability Skills Summary
The requirements for granting this qualification will be met when competency is demonstrated and achieved for:
- All the Core competency standard units
- A combination of Elective competency standard units to achieve a total weighting of 50 points in accordance with the Elective Competency Standard